PRO 1600-B is a benchtop full forced air convection reflow oven. It has been designed for reflow soldering of even the most challenging applications including, high thermal mass and lead free assemblies. PRO 1600-B is very flexible in terms of profile development and optimization. Sealed heating chamber enables air ramp up rates of up to 4° Celsius/second and programming of up to 10 profile zones. Its unique on-the-fly settings adjustment capability allows creating and optimizing profiles all in a single pass. Where other batch and conveyer ovens fail to meet the desired profile curve, PRO 1600-B excels.
Precise software control delivers unsurpassed temperature uniformity. Maintaining a low delta T across all of the components on the assembly ensures that they are not overheated or thermally stressed. Even for prototypes, this often means avoiding to spend days testing and debugging failed boards. With the optional External Thermocouple Control (ETC), profiles may be processed based on temperature readings of the assembly, not the air temperature around it. Increased productivity, superior performance and ease of operation make the PRO 1600-B a versatile system ideal for small to medium run production, prototyping, testing or curing.
- Full Forced Air Convection
- Lead-Free Compatible
- Up to 10 individually programmable heating zones
- Small footprint saves lab space
- Stationary Loading Tray with 20" x 20" (508mm x 508mm) reflow area
- Precise software control with unlimited profile storage capacity
- Software monitoring and profiling capability
- No Warm-Up time required before operating
- External Thermocouple Control
- Automatic Profile Repeat function (up to 10 times)
- Library of predefined profiles
- Password protected login for engineers and operators
- Plug and Operate Configuration
- Exhaust port for fume extraction
- Minimal maintenance
- Designed and Manufactured in US
Typical Reflow Soldering Applications
- Printed Circuit Board (PCB) assemblies requiring high quality and repeatable results in prototype - medium volumes (depending on PCB size).
- Single or Double Sided PCB’s with standard or Pb-Free solders.
- Densely populated, high thermal mass assemblies.
- Surface Mount Devices per IPC / JEDEC J-STD-020 and JESD22-A113F standards for Leaded and Pb-Free profiles
- IPC-TM-650 Test Method 2.6.27 - Thermal Stress, Convection Reflow Assembly Simulation / IPC-9631.
- Bare PCB’s to simulate profiles developed for volume production environments.
- Delamination and other quality issues testing on multilayer PCB’s.
- Various composite materials for analysis / testing.
- Copper heatsinks to PCB’s using preforms.
- Gold / Tin reflow.
- Pre-conditioning reflows of IC’s while in extruded aluminum tubes.
- Aluminum pins to a metal housing.
- Flex connector to ceramic substrate.
- Surface Mount Devices / Passive Components to ceramic substrate.
- Connector filters with fluxed preforms.
- LED’s in production quantities.
- Various solder pastes for analysis in an R&D environment.
Once the Power-Key switch is turned to the On position, top cover automatically opens allowing direct access to the loading tray. Parts are loaded onto a mesh tray and the profile is selected with a few mouse clicks.
After the Start icon is activated, the cover begins to close automatically at an adjustable and controlled speed. Profile is then executed as per the pre-programmed parameters. Software constantly monitors actual ramp up rates and temperature inside an oven to the programmed values for accuracy. At the completion of a reflow cycle, the cover opens up. PRO 1600-B is now in a standby mode, ready for a new cycle run.
The following parameters may be programmed for each profile:
- Up to 5 Ramp Up stages ( ° Celsius / second)
- Up to 5 Temperature stages
- Up to 5 Time at Temperature stages
- Up to 4 In-Process Cooling stages
- Final Cooling stage
- Cooling Modes - 2 types
- Initial Lag time
- Automatic Profile Repeat (up to 10 times)
Profiles are developed, stored, and recalled within PRO 1600-B’s software package. It controls the reflow cycle, automation of process sequences, and automatic execution of safety checks before and during every profile run.
- Real-Time process graphing
- Profile processing based on part / PCB temperature control*
- Profile development with up to 7 thermocouples*
- Library with predefined profiles
- On-The-Fly settings adjustment
- Real- time data recording for documentation and analysis
- Password Protected Access
- User friendly environment
- Designed for Windows® 7 Pro / 10 Pro OS
Options / Accessories
- External Thermocouple Control (Part: ETC-PRO)
- profile is executed based on temperature reading from the application
- allows for both fixed and external thermocouple control
- Multiple Thermocouple Data Acquisition System (Part: MTDA-PRO)
- built-in 7 thermocouple interface controller for profile development
- 7 K-type thermocouples
- Double Sided PCB Fixture (Part: DSBF-PRO)
- External Cooling Fans Module (Part: ECF-PRO)
- Notebook PC with pre-loaded software (Part: NPC-PRO)
|Temperature:||up to 375° Celsius|
|Reflow Area:||20" x 20" / 508mm x 508mm|
|Topside Clearance:||4" / 101mm|
|Programmable Heating Zones:||10|
|Heating Type:||Full Forced Air Convection|
|Air Requirements:||80 - 100 PSI @ 0.3 CFM|
|Power Requirements:||120/208 VAC, 3 Phase, 50 Amp, 50/60 Hz|
|Optional||125/250 VAC, 1 Phase, 50 Amp, 50/60 Hz|
|Optional||200-240 VAC, 3 Phase, 50 Amp, 50/60 Hz|
|Optional||380-400 VAC, 3 Phase, 50 Amp, 50/60 Hz|
|Peak Power Consumption:||16 Kw (during ramp up stages of a profile)|
|Operating Consumption:||9 Kw (during reflow)|
|Warranty:||Five (5) years parts and labor|
|Weight:||130 lbs / 59 Kg|
|Dimensions:||31"L x 31"W x 32"H / 787mm x 787mm x 813mm|